Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I'll write this post tomorrow

Just five minutes can make a difference in reaching your goals.

Procrastination.  I don't know about you, but I am a master.  In fact, I was supposed to start this post an hour ago, but sat at the coffee shop talking with a friend (who was also supposed to be writing a blog post).  Fortunately, with just five minutes, procrastination can be overcome.

When I find myself putting something off, whether it's something I want to do or something I'd rather not, I tell myself that I'll work on it for just five minutes. And then I do.

Most of the time--almost always--I end up spending more than five minutes at it. I finish or make good headway.  Even those rare times when I do spend just five minutes, I'm five minutes further than I was before.  I've made progress.

If I do that regularly, I'll continue to make progress.  And then, during one of those five minute sprints, I'll finish.  I'll reach my goal.  And that feels fantastic.

How will you spend five minutes working toward your goals today?

No comments:

Post a Comment